These are a few favorite photos from Tori, Patrick, and little Griffin’s family session up at Trillium Lake! This family is so adventurous that I knew it would be the perfect location! Oregon has so many beautiful locations to offer as family photography backdrops if you get out and explore a little! Little Griffin did SO GREAT the whole session and even showed off some of his new walking skills!Read More
Make homemade Valentine’s Day cards for each other! Talk about how to encourage each other and include encouraging messages! Cut out heart-shaped pieces of paper and write one thing you admire about your kid on each heart. Read them to your kid one at a time and then hang them on the wall in their bedroom.Read More
Lifestyle is a trendy word right now, but what does it mean for family photographers? Here are some thoughts on what it means to me and what it looks like in the photography industry.
I see lifestyle photography as mush between documentary photography and classic portraiture.Read More
Motherhood is full of photo-worthy adorable moments of your children. It’s SO easy to whip out your camera phone and capture sweet little moments of your little ones! But years from now, you may look back and notice you were not in any of the photos! Your children will want to see photos of their childhood with you in them, yes YOU!Read More
Here are a few styling tips!
1. Moms, pick your outfit out first! Pick something you feel comfortable and beautiful in! Then coordinate everyone else's outfits around yours! Keep your makeup natural with a bit of color on your lips, eyes, and cheeks! I love long dresses and skirts for mothers and daughters because they can create movement in a photograph, such as blowing in the wind or twirling around!
2. Coordinate your outfits, but don’t match. Try to choose colors and tones that compliment each other. I love a mix of neutrals with some accent colors mixed in! Neutral colors create a soft and elegant style, and enhance natural skin tones! I love incorporating lace and simple floral prints into outfits!
3. It's best to avoid wearing vibrant colors and logos because we want the focus to be on your beautiful face! Some vibrant oranges and reds can create an off color cast onto your skin.
4. Get creative and show your unique style! Have fun accessorizing with scarves, jewelry, hats, and flower crowns!
5. And last of all, dive into Pinterest for more inspiration! I have linked my Pinterest board below where I share color palette ideas and flattering styles for photo shoots!
Elizabeth Hite is a natural light portrait photographer specializing in lifestyle family and newborn photography. Her sessions are laid back and focus on capturing natural moments, joy and connection. She serves families in Portland, Lake Oswego, West Linn, Hillsboro, Beaverton, and all other surrounding areas.