It was so fun to see this sweet family again and celebrate Emilia's 1st birthday! The first time I photographed baby Emilia she was bumping out in her beautiful mama's belly! It’s been fun to watch her grow! I absolutely loved capturing these moments at her one year milestone photoshoot! The 1-year balloon was a cute addition to the photo shoot too!Read More
Lifestyle is a trendy word right now, but what does it mean for family photographers? Here are some thoughts on what it means to me and what it looks like in the photography industry.
I see lifestyle photography as mush between documentary photography and classic portraiture.Read More
Here are a few styling tips!
1. Moms, pick your outfit out first! Pick something you feel comfortable and beautiful in! Then coordinate everyone else's outfits around yours! Keep your makeup natural with a bit of color on your lips, eyes, and cheeks! I love long dresses and skirts for mothers and daughters because they can create movement in a photograph, such as blowing in the wind or twirling around!
2. Coordinate your outfits, but don’t match. Try to choose colors and tones that compliment each other. I love a mix of neutrals with some accent colors mixed in! Neutral colors create a soft and elegant style, and enhance natural skin tones! I love incorporating lace and simple floral prints into outfits!
3. It's best to avoid wearing vibrant colors and logos because we want the focus to be on your beautiful face! Some vibrant oranges and reds can create an off color cast onto your skin.
4. Get creative and show your unique style! Have fun accessorizing with scarves, jewelry, hats, and flower crowns!
5. And last of all, dive into Pinterest for more inspiration! I have linked my Pinterest board below where I share color palette ideas and flattering styles for photo shoots!
Elizabeth Hite is a natural light portrait photographer specializing in lifestyle family and newborn photography. Her sessions are laid back and focus on capturing natural moments, joy and connection. She serves families in Portland, Lake Oswego, West Linn, Hillsboro, Beaverton, and all other surrounding areas.